5 Things: Bristol's Night to Shine
Here are 5 Things to know in Bristol and Warren today.
1. Mt. Hope High School brings Ray Bradbury's classic nove, Fahrenheit 451 to life on stage tonight at 7. Tickets are $10; $7 for students.
2. Tonight is downtown Bristol's night to shine.
Visit all your downtown merchants for the 11th annual Holiday Preview tonight, 5-9. Follow the luminaria through the streets and stop in at all the local merchants for refreshments and great holiday deals on the most unique and affordable gifts. The 4th Annual Snowflake Raffle also kicks off at 5 p.m.
3. Robin Stone directs this classic Greek tragedy about Antigone, daughter of the deceased King Oedipus, who defies the new ruler of Thebes by attempting to have a respectable burial of her slain brother, though it may mean her death. The show begins at 7:30 tonight at Roger Williams University. The play explores issues of war, law, morality and class struggle. Tickets are $10 for general admission; $5 for students and seniors.
4. This day in history: Nov. 16, 1965: Walt Disney launches Epcot Center: Prototype Community of Tomorrow.
5. Expect the skies to be mostly sunny with a high around 50 today and through the weekend. Overnight lows will drop into the 30s.