5 Things: Catch the Spirit
Here are 5 Things to know in Bristol and Warren today.
1. Get in touch with your spiritual side in Bristol and Warren tonight.
Read "The Story" together at St. Michael's Episcopal Church, 399 Hope St., Bristol, tonight at 6. "The Story" is the Bible summarized into 31 chronological chapters. It's a great place to start if you've never read the Bible before or if you want to add to your understanding of the events in the order in which they occurred. This class is appropriate for adults and older children.
You will need a copy of the book in order to participate. It is available in hardcover ($19.95 or less) and as an eBook ($9.95). Books may be ordered online or through the bookstore of your choice.
Or join a more traditional Bible study group at Freedom Road Baptist Church, 10 Lella Jean Drive, Bristol, tonight at 7.
2. Network with other industry professionals at the Rotary Club if Bristol meeting today at noone at DeWolf Tavern, 215 Thames St., Bristol. Today;s guest speaker is Professor Michael Roberto of the Bryant University business school.
3. Want to get organized, but don’t know where to start? Discover the "IN ORDER" system for getting your home organized tonight at 7 p.m. at 16 Cutler St. You will:
- Learn professional organizer Lisa Griffith’s signature IN ORDER™ system so that you will be able to start the organizing process quickly and easily.
- Discover how to organize your home so that you can feel confident that you will find WHAT you need WHEN you need it.
- Stop wasting time and money due to disorganization and start focusing on what’s important to you and your life.
Advance registration is required. To register, go to www.organizedway.com/events.
4. Johnathan Chapman, better known as "Johnny Appleseed," was born Sept. 26, 1775 in Leominster, MA. Chapman was known for planting nurseries and individual apple trees across 100,000 square miles of midwestern wilderness and prairie — resulting in settlers' planting their own orchards.
5. Expect a breezy day with partly sunny skies and the chance of a passing shower. Temperatures should be in the low- to mid-70s.