5 Things: Election, Networking
Here are 5 Things to know in Bristol and Warren today.
1. The presidential election is fast approaching, and Patch wants to know what those in the know — from both sides of the aisle — think about the upcoming vote. This week, Patch infuencers address the Republican and Democratic conventions and the impact they had on voters and their candidates.
2. Pick up some farm fresh eggs, organically grown herbs and veggies at the Indie Growers Farmstand, 255 Metacom Ave., today from 3-6 p.m.
3. Network with other local professionals as the Rotary Club of Bristol meets for lunch at DeWolf Tavern, 259 Thames St., Bristol, today at 12:15 p.m. Professor Michael Roberto, of the Bryant University business school, is scheduled to be the guest speaker. Cost for the lunch is $20.
4. Have some fun and get some exercise at a community basketball club for women. Meet at Rockwell Park, Thames and John streets, tonight at 7.
5. The wind and showers should be moving out early in the day, giving way to mostly sunny skies and a pleasant 72 degrees. Temperatures will dip after sundown, however, dropping to a low around 50.