5 Things: Harvest Weekend
Here are 5 Things to know in Bristol and Warren this weekend.
1. Join Blithewold Mansion, Gardens & Arboretum Assistant Grounds Manager Dan Christina for a morning tour of Blithewold’s Vegetable Garden Saturday, 10 a.m. to noon. These monthly tours are designed to encourage and offer guidance to the home gardener, or anyone who may be interested in producing their own vegetable garden. The tours will cover a variety of topics such as high-yield succession plantings, space-saving growing techniques, and tips for engaging young minds using playful structures.
2. Buy fresh, buy local at the Mount Hope Farm farmer's market Saturday, 9 a.m. to noon. The market offers vegetables, flowers, herbs, fruits, meats, eggs, cheese, fish, coffee, bread, pastries, prepared foods, salsas/sauces/relishes, granola, soaps, live music, and more! Bring the whole family, shop for local food, visit the sheep and chickens, grab a trail map, and walk the beautiful grounds of the farm!
3. Don't just watch the show... be part of it at open mic night at Coffee Depot, 510 Main St., Warren, beginning at 7 tonight.
4. Doing some house hunting this weekend? Take a look the properties that sold in Bristol and Warren this week, and check back with Bristol-Warren Patch and noon today for a list of open houses in the area.
5. Enjoy the end-of sommer weather today. Partly sunny skies are expected with temperatures around 80. Saturday's weather should start the same, but increasing clouds later in the day are expected to bring rain Saturday night and Sunday morning.