5 Things: Holiday Classic
Here are 5 Things to know in Bristol and Warren today.
1. It's a holiday classic: Charles Dickens' A Chrismas Carol, and it is being presented for all at no cost tonight at Rogers Free Library.
To sign up for the read-along, call the library at 401-253-6948, and ask for Charlotte. Food and music to begin at 6 p.m. in the Herreshoff Community Room. The reading begins at 6:30. All ages are invited to read.
2. Experience some culture at Blithewold Mansion, Gardens & Arboretum today at 1:30 or 3 p.m. for an afternoon tea.
Blithewold's informal Tea includes its custom-blended tea served alongside sweet and savory items. Teas will be held during the week from Tuesday through Friday. There are two seatings each day, with tea times at either 1:30 or 3 p.m. The Teas are not suitable for very young children. Prices: $14 for members; $24 for adults; $23 for AAA members; $22 for seniors/military/students; $16 for kids 6-17 years old. For more information, email email@example.com.
3. Bring a can, get free yoga. Freedom Yoga is offering a free class tonight from 7:30 to 8:30 to anyone who donates a canned good for holiday a food drive.
4. Today in history, Dec. 4, 1945: The Senate approved U.S. participation in the United Nations.
5. The unseasonable warmth continues today with high temps in the mid-50s under partly sunny skies. Showers are likely overnight, with lows dipping just below 50 before another warm one Wednesday.