5 Things: Horror Fest at RWU
Here are 5 Things to know in Bristol and Warren today.
1. Learn the art and style of creating horror films at the RI International Horror Film Festival begins at Roger Williams University, 1 Old Ferry Road, today, from 10-11:30 a.m. with a ghoulish presentation. Horror films fans will want to be at the Mary Tefft White Cultural Center, located at the university library at Roger Williams University in Bristol for an eerie behind-the-scenes look at what goes into making a horror film. The full Festival runs Oct. 25-28 at locations across the state. For more information, go to www.film-festival.org/Horror_ri.php.
This free forum begins at 10 a.m. and provides audiences with the opportunity to meet the movers and shakers in the Rhode Island film and horror production scene.
2. Meet Rep. David Cicilline, running for reelection to Congree as the Roger Williams University Department of Politics and International Relations will host a series of events to introduce community members to will kick off the series on today at 5:30 p.m.
The Coffee and Politics series will bring candidates to the University for an open forum discussion that provides an opportunity for community members to meet and speak with the candidates. All major candidates for Rhode Island’s open U.S. Senate seat and for the 1st Congressional District race were invited to attend.
Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.) will follow on Wednesday, Oct. 31, at 9:45 a.m.
Coffee and Politics events are free and open to the public. No advanced tickets or reservations are required. Forums will be held in the Mary Tefft White Cultural Center, located on the first floor of the University Library, on the Roger Williams University Bristol campus at One Old Ferry Road.
3. Still need a costume for Halloween? Check out these ideas for cool, easy hommade costumes.
4. This day in history, Oct. 25, 1983: U.S. invades Grenada, a country 1/2,000 its population.
5. Mostly sunny, with a high near 62. Light and variable wind becoming southeast 5 to 7 mph in the morning.