5 Things: Seasonal Songs, Warm Weekend
Here are 5 Things to know in Bristol and Warren today and this weekend.
1. Enjoy the sounds of the season this weekend, beginning with a performance in the living room at Blithewold Mansion, Gardens & Arboretum tonight at 6 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday at 3 p.m.
The Bay View Academy Chamber Chorus is bringing holiday cheer and vocal styling to both the RISD Museum in Providence and Daisy Dig’ins in Barrington this weekend. On Saturday, 24 members of the Chamber Chorus will perform a program of festive holiday music at 3 p.m. at Daisy Dig’ins, a flower and gift shop on Maple Avenue in Barrington, coinciding with the Barrington Christmas tree lighting. On Sunday at 1:45 p.m., 32 members of the chorus will be performing a half hour set of holiday songs at the RISD Museum in Providence.
2. Test your shooting skills — basketball shooting, that is — as the Bristol County Elks Lodge #1860 hists the local round of competition for the Annual Elks Hoop Shoot Contest Saturday at 12:30 p.m. atMt. Hope High School Gym in Bristol. This is a national free-throw shooting contest for boys and girls aged 8-13 and is free of charge.
3. Enjoy some classic Greek tragedy as Director Robin Stone presents "Antigone" at Roger Williams University, tonight at 7:30 p.m. The play explores issues of war, law, morality and class struggle. Tickets are $10 for general admission; $5 for students and seniors.
4. Today in history, Nov. 30, 1993: The Brady Bill, requiring a five-day waiting period for handgun purchases, is signed
5. Partly sunny, with a high near 39 today. We're looking at a weekend warmup, with temperatures topping out in the mid-40s Saturday and mid-50s Sunday.