5 Things: Support the 4th Celebration
Here are 5 Things to know in Bristol and Warren today.
1. The 4th of July is still seven months away, but work on Bristol's celebration is underway. Assist in those efforts by attending a benefit mararoni supper tonight, 5-7:30 p.m. at the Bristol Elks Lodge #1860, 1 Constitution St., Bristol. The price of the ticket is $10.00. Children 5 and under are free. All proceeds will be used to sponsor the 2013 July 4th celebration. Tickets will be sold at the door or in advance by calling 401-253-4491 or 401-480-5003.
2. Pulitzer Prize winning columnist Leaonard Pitts is visiting Roger Williams University tonight for a discussion as part of the President’s Distinguished Speakers Series at 7:30. The event is free and open to the public.
3. Professor Michael Roberto of the Bryant University business school is the scheduled guest speaker at todays Rotary Club of Bristol luncheon at 12:15 p.m. at DeWolf Tavern. Cost is $20.
4. Today in history, Nov. 28, 1775 - The 2nd Continental Congress formally establishes the U.S. Navy.
5. A chance of rain and snow before 11 a.m., then a slight chance of rain between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Patchy fog before 8 a.m. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 42. North wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent. Little or no snow accumulation is expected.