5 Things: Weekend Fun
Here are 5 Things to know in Bristol and Warren this weekend.
1. Enjoy a traditional New England autumn fair, complete with demonstrations of historic trades, hands-on children's crafts, unique local vendors, live music and entertainment, and traditional games and competitions for all ages.
The Harvest Fair at Coggeshall Farm Museum, 122 Poppasquash Road, Bristol, begins Saturday at 10 a.m.
Wear your flashiest rubber boots for the Muck Boot Fashion Show, prove your strength in the haybale toss, test your endurance in the sawbucking competition, or perfect your aim in the seed spitting contest. The fair has all the flavor of the 18th century, updated for even the staunchest modern types — a uniquely New England experience for all ages.
2. Join the East Bay Food Pantry from 4-7 p.m.Sunday at the Bristol Yacht Club for Uncorked! 2012: An evening to raise a glass in support of the important work of the East Bay Food Pantry.
Enjoy drinks, light fare and the music of Andre Arsenault against a sunset backdrop on Bristol Harbor.
Advance purchased ticket prices are $40 per person or $75 per couple and are
available online at www.eastbayfoodpantry.org or at the East Bay Thrift Shop at 150 Franklin Street in Bristol. Reserved tables for eight are also available for $400. Ticket prices at the door: $50 per person.
All proceeds from event ticket and a wine bag sale during the event go to support the work of the East Bay Food Pantry. For more information, contact Anita at 401-396-9490 or email@example.com.
3. Take a horse-drawn carriage tour of Mount Hope Farm, 250 Metacom Ave., Bristol, from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday. The carriage holds up to 6 adults, and rides will range between $25-$50 for a full ride.
4. Sunday is family swim day at Roger Williams University, 1 Old Ferry Road, Bristol. Beginning at 1 p.m., for a $5 fee, families are welcome to use the pool in the Recreation Center on Campus. Children 12 & under must be accompanied by an adult with a maximum of 4 children under 12 per one adult. Ages 13 & up can use the pool without an adult.
5. It'll be mostly sunny for most of today, Saturday and Sunday, with the exception of a possible passing shower early Saturday morning. Temperatures will decline slightly, from 79 today, to 75 Saturday to 70 Sunday.