5 Things: Who's Your Candidate?
Here are 5 Things to know in Bristol and Warren today.
1. Who do you support for president? Which candidate best represents your values? Take this quiz to find out whether President Barack Obama or Gov. Mitt Romney best match with what you believe.
2. Those with recent hearing loss can learn how to transition into their new world at a demonstration that helps individuals move from isolation to independence today at 6 p.m. at Blithewold Mansion, Gardens & Arboretum, 101 Ferry Road, Bristol.
- Learn about supportive organizations where people with all degrees of hearing loss come together to share and learn — and where it’s okay not to hear well.
- Talk with others who have hearing loss.
- Learn about advocacy and the laws that protect you, and find out about local resources.
- Learn about the latest technology – hearing aids, amplified phones, CapTel phones, cochlear implants, captioning, hearing assistive technology, and more — all to help you live well with hearing loss.
- See how a hearing-friendly environment works to help you with your hearing loss.
3. Network with other professionals at the Bristol Rotary Club meeting today at 12:15 p.m. at DeWolf Tavern, 215 Thames St., Bristol. The scheduled speaker is Professor Michael Roberto of the Bryant University business school.
4. This day in history: Oct. 10, 1973: Vice President Spiro Agnew resigned after being charged with tax evasion.
5. Expect mostly cloudy skies again today, but it should be a bit warmer, with temperatures in the low-60s.