5 Things: Early Winter?
Here are 5 Things to know in Bristol and Warren today.
1. The new lacrosse team at Kickemuit Middle School will be hosting a kick-off party and fundraiser at the Warren Yacht Club, 66 Church St., Warren tonight at 6 p.m.
The event will feature the food of Preppy Pig BBQ. A cash bar will be available as well.
Enjoy a nice night on the water and get a chance to meet and mingle, all to support sports in the community. Tickets are available for $45 by calling 401-225-1164 or emailing email@example.com.
2. Start planning your costumes and pumpkin designs. Starting Monday, Patch begins a quest to find the most creative Halloween revelers around. Upload pics of your costume and your best pumpkin carving to enter the contest. Big money is on the line. Check back Monday morning for details.
3. Show off your talents at Open Mic Night at Coffee Depot, 501 Main St, Warren tonight beginning at 7. Organizers ask that all bring a non-perishable food item to benefit the Bristol Good Neighbors Soup Kitchen.
4. This day in history, Oct. 12, the USS Cole is bombed in the port of Aden, Yemen, killing 17 sailors.
5. It'll be partly sunny with the chance of showers in the afternoon and temperatures in just the mid-50s most of the day. But once the sun sets, we'll get a blast of early winter with overnight lows in the 30s.