5 Things You Need to Know Today: Feb. 6
Are you ready for some football?
1. It's supposed to be in the mid 30s today, but mostly sunny!
2. In case you were not sure, today is the Superbowl. If you happened to forget to plan that Superbowl party or simply didn't have time to plan it since you threw your back out shoveling snow, check out our list of local places to watch the game.
3. There's still time to get some deals for those last minute game-time snacks. Check out our list of local deals.
4. And I'm sure there are a good hand-full of people who don't really care that it's the Superbowl or are really tired of hearing about the game. For you, today may be an opportunity to get out of the house, go to the gym and take some time for yourself. Or, if you are sympathetic, you may choose to rescue the kids from a house of screaming husbands who throw chips at the flat screen when Pittsburgh fumbles the ball. If you manage to get out and are looking for a way to retain sanity, bring the kids to the Roger Williams University pool today for family swim time.
5. The Hugh Cole School PTO meeting is tonight at 6:30. New members are always welcome to attend (I'm sure they'll let you seek refuge from the game here as well).