Ash Wednesday Services in Bristol and Warren
Local churches are scheduled to hold Holy Day Masses on Feb. 13.
Tomorrow, Feb. 13, is Ash Wednesday, a Holy Day that marks the beginning of the season of Lent in the Christian faith.
The Holy Day is named for the practice of clergy placing ashes on the foreheads of parishioners as a sign of penance and mourning, and begins a 46-day liturgical season that concludes with Easter.
Here are some of the Mass and service schedules for churches in Bristol and Warren. Click on the blue links to see more information, including locations and phone numbers.
St. Mary's Church, Bristol:
- Mass with the distribution of ashes at 8 am and 7 pm.
- Liturgy of the word and distribution of ashes at 12 noon and 4 pm.
St. Mary of the Bay Church, Warren:
- Mass at 7:30 am and 7 pm at St. Mary of the Bay
- Mass at 12 noon at St. Jean Baptiste Mission Church
Saint Elizabeth Church, Bristol:
- Mass in Portuguese at 7:30 am and 7 pm
- Mass in English at 12 noon and 5:30 pm
Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, Bristol:
- Mass at 7 and 9:30 am, 12:10 and 7 pm
First Congregational Church, Bristol:
- Service at 5:30 pm in the DeWolf Room
Note: Some churches in Bristol and Warren did not have schedules posted on their website at the time of publication of this article. Find information on other Catholic churches, including phone numbers and locations, on the Bristol-Warren Patch Directory.
Are you the pastor or staff member of your church? Post your Ash Wednesday schedule in the comments section below.