Drug Charges, DUIs, Crossbow Confusion
The following information was provided by the Bristol Police Department. Where an arrest is noted, it does not indicate a conviction.
The Bristol Police Department reported the following recent arrests and other incidents:
- An unidentified juvenile, 17, on a charge of marijuana possession, on March 14 at about 4:30 pm on Bradford Street.
- Carlos Carvalho, 42, of 62 Everett St., Warren, on charges of DUI, first offense; and refusal to submit to a chemical test, second offense, following a traffic stop on Metacom Avenue, in response to reports of erratic driving on March 15 at about 2 pm. He is due for formal arraignment in Sixth District Court, Warwick, today.
- Stephen Staudinger, of 27 Richmond St., on charges of drug possession and disorderly conduct, on March 18 at about 1 am on Thames Street. Officers presented Staudinger for arraignment at police headquarters, then transported him to the Adult Correctional Institutions, Cranston.
- Collin Weiss, of MacLean, VA, on charges of DUI, first offense; and refusal to submit to a breath test, first offense, on March 18 at about 12:10 am on State Street. Weiss waived an extradition hearing on March 18, and is due for formal arraignment in Sixth District Court, Warwick, today.
- Officers responded to Wood Street on March 11 at about 7 pm for a report of an open fire. The person at the scene put it out at the officers' request.
- Staffers at Saint Elizabeth Manor reported the apparent theft of a resident's TV set on March 12 at about 2:30 pm.
- Mt. Hope High School had a visit by a loose dog on March 13 at about 8:15 am. Officers responded and took the dog into custody.
- Responding to a report of two people entering the woods off Metacom Avenue possibly carrying a crossbow, officers found that the people were actually carrying metal detectors.
- On March 17 at about 9 pm, a resident called police to report what sounded like gunshots. The noise was actually from fireworks, according to police reports.