DUI and Warrant Arrests, Bird in a... Dryer?
The following information was provided by the Warren Police Department. Where an arrest is noted, it does not indicate a conviction.
The Warren Police Department reported the following recent arrests and incidents:
- Corey Delekta, 31, of 65 Seymour St., on a charge of driving with a suspended license, on Almy Avenue on March 13 at about 3:45 pm. He is due for formal arraignment on March 22 in Sixth District Court, Warwick. At the time of his arrest, Delekta was serving probation ordered as part of a no-contest plea to two charges of obtaining money under false pretenses brought by East Greenwich Police.
- Dante Blancarte, 30, of 38 Market St., on charges of DUI and refusal to submit to a chemical test, following a stop on Metacom Avenue on March 13 at about 8:50 pm. He pleaded not guilty at arraignment on March 15, and is due for a pre-trial hearing on March 29.
- Olusegun Osho, 55, of 1655 Old Smithfield Road, North Smithfield, on a warrant issued by Warren Police for obtaining money under false pretenses, on March 14 at midnight. North Smithfield Police officers brought Osho to the local station for processing. At the time of his arrest, Osho was serving six years' probation imposed in October, 2010, as part of a no-contest plea to a charge of unlawful appropriation brought by Rhode Island State Police.
- Debbie DaSilva, 41, of 50 Campbell St., on a warrant issued by East Providence Police for felony larceny, on March 14 at about 6:15 pm. She is due for a court hearing on May 16 in Sixth District Court, Warwick.
- Brandon Goldner, 20, of 400 Pleasant St., Rumford, on two court warrants and a charge of driving with a suspended license, on March 17 at about 3 am. According to online court records, one warrant was issued for failure to appear at a payment review in Providence Superior Court on a charge of conspiracy brought by Smithfield Police, and the other for failure to appear for a cost review on charges of driving with a suspended license and marijuana possession brought by State Police.
- Joseph Moffitt, 33, of 1 Johnston Terrace, Middletown, on charges of marijuana possession and driving in possession of controlled substances, on March 17 at about 4:30 pm. He is due for formal arraignment on March 29 in Sixth District Court, Warwick.
- Christyne Jorge, 38, of 59 Lyndon St., on charges of DUI and refusal to submit to a chemical test, following a stop at Market Street and Schoolhouse Road on March 17 at about 10:15 pm. She is due for formal arraignment on March 22 in Sixth District Court, Warwick.
- Joshua Landskroner, 32, of 700 Metacom Ave., on charges of resisting arrest and obstruction of police officers, on March 17 at about 11:15 pm. At the time of his arrest, he was serving a one-year suspended sentence and one year's probation imposed as part of a no-contest plea in May, 2012, to a charge of misdemeanor larceny brought by Warren Police.
- Stephen Higginbottom Jr., 29, of 81 Fawn St., Swansea, MA, on charges of disorderly conduct; possession of marijuana, first offense; simple assault; and vandalism on March 18 at about 1:10 am.
- Officers responded to a home on Child Street on March 11 at about 9:20 am for a report of a bird inside a clothes dryer. The bird was gone when officers arrived.
- An employee of a Main Street business reported a drive-off on March 12 at about 12:15 pm. Warren Police issued a BOLO [be on the lookout] for the suspect to Barrington Police.
- After finding a No Parking sign damaged on Main Street on March 13 at about 1:20 am, a local officer notified the local Department of Transportation to fix the sign.
- Officers responded to Washington Street on March 14 at about 8 am for a report of a gas tank stolen from a boat.
- Within a minute of each other on March 16, officers found a cat on Market Street and four kittens on Buffalo Avenue.