Have Fun For a Good Cause This Weekend
This weekend is full of events that benefit great causes.
Looking for something to do in Bristol and Warren this weekend? Check out these ideas.
- On Friday Night, Jacky’s Galaxy and the East Bay Food Pantry will host a night of music, food and fun with Rock the Can 2011. The event will begin at 6:30 p.m. and will last until 11:30 p.m., at The event costs $20 for admission and features a buffet, a cash bar, raffles and entertainment. Proceeds from the event will benefit the East Bay Food Pantry.
- The Bristol Good Neighbors Soup Kitchen and Food Pantry will be hosting a rummage sale on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., at St. Michaels Parish House. The rummage will have clothes for men, women and children, household goods and toys. Admission is free and prices for items are $3 for a bag-full and $3 for anything too large to fit in a bag. Proceeds will benefit the soup kitchen and food pantry.
- The Bristol Recreation Department runs an open art studio on Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., at Reynolds School. The studio is for artists of all levels who wish to learn or improve upon drawing and painting skills. The cost for admission is $5.
- The Warren Fire Department along with the Front Line Ministry for Freedom and others, are sponsoring a soup fundraiser on Saturday from 5 to 7 p.m., at the fire department headquarters on Joyce Street. The event supplies a variety of soups to try and costs $8 for adults and $4 for children (under age 3 is free). All proceeds will benefit soldiers serving our country.
- The Roger Williams University pool is open to families on Sundays from 1 to 4 p.m. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult and there is a maximum of 4 children under 12 to one adult. Admission is $5 for a family.