Monday: State Street Dock Committee, Bingo
Here are five things you should know today in Bristol and Warren.
- Today will be mostly sunny with a high of 77 degrees.
- The Bristol State Street Dock Upgrade Committee will hold a site visit and meeting at 5 pm, meeting at the dock.
- Adult Badminton meets tonight at the Community Center in Bristol.
- Benjamin Church Senior Center plays Bingo at 1:30 pm today.
- This day in history: In 1965, President Lyndon B. Johnson signed Medicare, a health insurance program for elderly Americans, into law. Former President Harry S. Truman was enrolled as Medicare's first beneficiary and received the first Medicare card. Truman was the first president to propose national health insurance.