Here are some ideas for things to do with your child during the Bristol Warren School's winter break. If you know of other family and kid-friendly programs going on this week, tell us in the comments section!
Tuesday, Dec. 27
- Give a belated Christmas gift of music. Sign your child up for the Rhythm Quest Percussion program in Bristol on Tuesday at 6 pm at Reynolds School located on High Street.
- There will be an eco-puppet show, "Animals of the Rock Wall", held at the Audubon on Tuesday at 1:30 pm.
Wednesday, Dec. 28
- There will be a puppet show at Rogers Free Library on Wednesday at 10:30 am.
- Mr. Wood-Duck, with Wildlife Bingo will be the live program at the Audubon on Wednesday, beginning at 1:30.
- Teens and adults can join the chess club at Rogers Free Library on Wednesday at 6 pm.
- Discuss "The Ruins of Gorlan" at the Middle School Book Club at Rogers Free Library at 3:30 pm.
- Bring your child to explore Blithewold Mansion and attend a free story time with admission on Wednesday at 4 pm.
- Magician Peter Boie will be performing at the Barrington Library at 10:30 am.
Thursday, Dec. 29
- At 2 pm on Thursday, you and your child can catch a screening of A Christmas Carol at Rogers Free Library.
- On Thursday the Audubon's live performance will be an eco-puppet show, titled, "Simple Things to Save the Planet."
Friday, Dec. 30
- The Audubon's special live program on Friday is titled, "Crazy Crawfish goes on a Scavenber Hunt", and will being at 1:30 pm.
- Friday is the last day the "Heart of Christmas" is on display at Linden Place, so stop by any time (Tuesday through Friday) during vacation week from 10 am to 6 pm to take the tour. Admission is $10.
Note: Vacation week programs at the Audubon also include Nature Crafts from 10 am to 2 pm; a Nature Story at 10 am and 3 pm; Animal Interviews at 1:30 pm, and a special live program each day at 1:30 pm.