This Weekend: Art Al Fresco, Columban Fathers
Here are five things you should know heading into this weekend in Bristol and Warren. First off, showers are likely today with a high of 84, and severe thunderstorms are possible overnight.
- Enjoy the Stars with S'Mores tonight, July 27, at the Audubon Society of RI in Bristol. A campfire and lesson on the stars takes place for kids 8+ and their families, from 8 to 9:30pm.
- The Mount Hope Farm Farmer's Market is open Saturday morning, July 28, with some special events. Sidy Maiga, a renowed West African drummer, will be on hand and children are welcome to bring instruments to join in. Also, a free electronics recycling event will be held at the market.
- Enjoy Art Al Fresco - art on the fence - outside Linden Place on Hope Street in downtown Bristol on Sunday, July 29. This 6th annual juried art show is sponsored by Bristol Art Museum and the Portsmouth Art Guild.
- The Columban Fathers Family Festival is this Sunday, July 29, on the beautiful waterfront grounds at 65 Ferry Road, Bristol, from noon to 6 pm. This annual area favorite features food, games, raffles and an afternoon of family fun.
- The 36th Annual Save the Bay 1.7 mile swim from Newport's Coasters Island to Jamestown is Saturday, July 28. For more info see www.savebay.org.