Getting your weekend plans together? The forecast is for sunny skies and temps in the 40s all weekend, with windy conditions on Saturday — so get out and enjoy!
Click each blue link for more information — and be sure to call ahead to confirm.
Friday, March 22:
- 9 am to 2 pm: Estate Sale in the Barn, 132 Bay View Ave., Bristol. Antiques and other items for sale — including a 1987 Corvette. $1 and up.
- 5:30 pm: Open House Celebration at Harbor Bath & Body. Special discounts, food, raffles. Please bring items to donate to Bristol Animal Shelter.
- 7 pm: Open Mic at Coffee Depot: Bring your instrument, your voice, and your talent. Free.
- 7:30 pm: RWU Variety Show. Comedy, music and general entertainment in the RWU Performing Arts Center. $5. Also on March 23 at 7:30 pm
- 7:30 pm: 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee performed by Bristol Theatre Company. At Kickemuit Middle School. Reserved seats $25, general admission $15. Also on March 23 at 7:30 pm and March 24 at 2 pm.
Saturday, March 23:
- 9 am: Cory Burke 5K and 1-Mile Walk. Cory is a 7th grader at Kickemuit Middle School diagnosed with bone cancer last year. Register online for $20, or on site for $25. First 150 donors receive t-shirts.
- 9:30 am: First-time Homebuyers Class at the East Bay Chamber of Commerce. Local realtors will be on hand for an informal session. Free.
- 10 am: Hugh Cole School Community Spring Fair. Games, raffles, local vendors, and a visit by Paws from the Pawsox. Free admission; nonperishable food items gladly accepted.
- 10 am: Growing Under Glass at Blithewold Mansion. Go behind the scenes and visit the 1901 Lord & Burnham greenhouse at Blithewold. $45.
- 7:30 pm: Chris & Meredith Thompson at Stone Church Coffeehouse. Twin sisters combine vocals, flute, guitar, and percussion. $15, students half price, kids under 5 free.
- 7:30 pm: Convent Bingo at Colt Andrews School. A comical, interactive performance. $35 admission includes optional cocktail hour at Linden Place.
Note: The Blithewold Easter Egg Hunt original scheduled for March 23 has been rescheduled to March 30.
Sunday, March 24:
- 9 am: Free Pancake Breakfast at First United Methodist Church of Warren/Bristol. Sign-ups also available for March 30 Easter Egg Hunt. Donations accepted to cover the cost of the event.
- 2 pm: RWU Faculty Recital Featuring Catherine Hawkes on Recorder. Guest artists include The Greybeards Baroque trio, Enigmatica mandolin octet, and Chicago Lyric Opera guest artist Patrick O’Malley on recorder. Free.
Did we miss anything?
Is your organization or business hosting an event this weekend?
Reach readers in Bristol and Warren with this easy two-step process:
- Add your event to our Calendar.
- Copy & Paste the link from your event to the comments section below.