What To Do During School Vacation Week
Keep your child occupied this week with events going on around town and nearby.
Not going away this winter break? Well here are some great things going on in and around Bristol and Warren during the Bristol Warren School vacation week. Do you know of other events not listed here? Add them in the comments section!
Tuesday, February 21
- RWU Basketball Shoot-out: A light-hearted shoot-out basketball game will begin at 2:00 p.m. on the Roger Williams University outdoor basketball court, located near North Campus Residence Hall. All middle school and high school students from Rhode Island are welcome.
- The Newport Winter Festival has ongoing activities on Tuesday as well as other events including Mother Daughter Makeovers, a Princess Party, The Science and Art of Fudge Making and more.
- Tuesday is Snowflake Bentley Day at Blithewold's vacation camp. Visit the website for more information.
- At the Audubon- Snow Tracking: Bundle up and head out with an Audubon educator to look for signs of animals in the winter. You never know what we will find!
- At George Hail Library: Catch "Can You Picture This" at 11 am or the Traveling Tidepool at 2pm.
Wednesday, February 22
- RWU Soccer Clinic: Facilitated by RWU varsity athletes on the University’s new turf athletic field, attendees will be taught new and improved soccer techniques and participate in a scrimmage.
- The Newport Winter Festival has a variety of events going on Wednesday, like the Kids Dance Party with Dance Force at the Mambo Room, Murder at the Museum "The Butler Did It", and the 24th Annual Nacho Tasting.
- Wednesday is Winter Sports Day at Blithewold's vacation camp.
- At the Audubon- Owl Detectives: What do owls eat, where do they live, what makes them special? Be an owl detective and find out! This program will include an owl pellet dissection. *There will be a $3.00 per owl pellet fee to help cover costs.
- At George Hail Library: Tween ‘Just Dance’ Pizza Party, 5pm
Thursday, February 23
- RWU Zumba Class: All Rhode Island teens are welcome for this free Zumba fitness class taught by trained professional Kathryn Sylvia in the Roger Williams University Recreation Center Aerobics Studio! Learn a new and exciting way to exercise by incorporating rhythm and dance in this hour-long class.
- The Newport Winter Festival has lots of events going on this Thursday.
- Thursday is Mystical Magical Day at Blithewold's vacation camp.
- At the Audubon- It's cold out there! Join Audubon and conduct some experiments to find out how animals survive in the winter!
- At George Hail Library: At 11 am check out Animal Experiences with Dave Marchetti. Then at 4 pm catch ‘Rise of the Planet of the Apes’ and feast on some popcorn.
Friday, February 24
- The Newport Winter Festival continues today with a full list of events including an opportunity to make your own perfume, paint your own pottery and more.
- Friday is Pajama Party Day at Blithewold's vacation camp.
- At the Audubon- Native Tales and Explorations: Winter is a great time to snuggle up and hear some nature stories. These unique stories will be told (not read) by Audubon educators and will include artifacts to explore.
- At George Hail Library: Watch the heartwarming movie, "Dolphin Tale" at 2pm.
Editor's Note: Events at the Audubon and George Hail Library may require registering beforehand. Please call to check for space availability.