Hiring a photographer for your wedding is almost as important as finding the perfect wedding dress. After all this is a once in a lifetime event and you will want each moment to be captured forever.
Once you have worked on all the details of your day: the flowers, the venue, the dress etc. you will need to search for the perfect photographer. Here are 7 tips to keep in mind before hiring your photographer.
- Photographer’s Personality. You should always meet your photographer before hiring them. This person will be involved with every moment of your special day. You need to make sure you have a connection with him/her. Can you imagine this person with you for 8 hours?
- What is the photographer’s style? Each photographer has a different style in shooting. Some shoot photojournalistic style and stay behind the scenes and capture the candid moments. Others are more traditional and shoot posed shots.
- How long has the photographer been in business? Ask to see samples of recent work. It’s important to view an entire wedding day. A photographer will show their best images in a portfolio so it’s a good idea to see all of the images. Also, feel free to ask for references.
- Does the photographer take on more then one wedding a day? Some photographers may shoot a wedding in the morning and take another one at night. Make sure you are the only bride he/she is shooting that day. Photographing a wedding is both physical and emotional. If you are the second wedding you may not get a fully awake photographer!
- How many RI wedding photographers shoot for that company? It’s important to ask the photographer that you meet that he/she will be shooting the wedding. Some companies have several photographers that they use. You may see a portfolio of work you like but not get that photographer at your wedding.
- What equipment do you use? You need to make sure he/she is a professional with professional equipment. They need to be shooting high-resolution images and should have backup cameras incase of equipment failure.
- Cost of photography service? How much is the photographer’s service and what is included in their packages. Many photographers also offer digital images, this way you own the rights to your photos!
Kristen Capaldi Creighton is a wedding photographer with over 10 years experience. Kristen Capaldi Creighton Photography 1035 Main St, Coventry, RI 02816 (401) 374-3779