Invite a friend
Let’s Go Fishing (Kids Surf Fishing lesson with the RI DEM)
Session 1: 10:00 a.m. – Noon
Session 2: 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 pm
Enjoy a day of learning how to surf fish Rhode Island waters with these introductory lessons on surf casting and fishing. The sessions will include a description of the tackle and gear needed for saltwater fishing, the safety measures one should take when fishing in the surf, and lessons in surf casting and knot tying. Then you can test out your new skills from Blithewold’s extensive shoreline.
Participants are encouraged to bring a bag lunch and join us for a picnic on the Great Lawn in-between sessions!
All needed equipment will be provided for your use. Families with children 8 years old and up are encouraged to participate. Space is limited and registration is required.
|Where||Blithewold Mansion, Gardens & Arboretum 101 Ferry Rd, Bristol, RI 02809|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||10:00 am–3:00 pm|
|Who to bring||Kids, Families|
More About Blithewold Mansion, Gardens & Arboretum
Blithewold Mansion, Gardens & Arboretum is a grand estate overlooking Bristol Harbor. This Queen Anne mansion has been kept well maintained in order to preserve its turn-of-the-20th-century style. The gardens and enclosed woodland feature an abundance of indigenous plant life, a rock garden and a variety of trees. Blithewold hosts an education summer camp, where children are taught botany, wildlife and environmental preservation. The mansion is available to be rented for special private events rental. Group tour, camp and event information are available on the Blithewold Mansion, Gardens & Arboretum website.
Other events here
- Fit Camp Weekly on Mondays, 6:30 am–7:30 am
- Introduction to Watercolor Weekly on Wednesdays, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- Tree Mob at the Arnold Arboretum Thu, May 23, 8:30 am–4:30 pm
- Behind the Scenes Tour of Blithewold Sat, May 25, 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- Growing a Cutting Garden: I Sat, Jun 1, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- A Wedding Tea Mon, Jun 3, 1:00 pm–3:00 pm
- Yoga Days at Blithewold Weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:30 am–11:30 am
- Classic Cocktails Workshop Wed, Jun 5, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Mornings in the Vegetable Garden April 13, 2013 / May 11, 2013 / June 8, 2013 / July 13, 2013 / August 10, 2013 / September 14, 2013, 10:30 am–11:30 am
- Summer Family Sensory Walk Sun, Jun 9, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm