Invite a friend
Thursday Night Write
Thursday Night Write is a writer's workshop for teens, tweens and adults. Kate Gorton leads the group with prompts, games and tips to improve any writer's stuff. No charge, and sometimes, there are cookies!
|Where||Rogers Free Library 525 Hope St, Bristol, RI 02809|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||6:00 pm–7:00 pm|
|Who to bring||College Students, Moms, Dads, Singles, Teens, Seniors|
More About Rogers Free Library
Since 2008 the Rogers Free Library has grown from a cramped 6,200-sq-foot building to a fully renovated 28,000-sq-foot community resource. In addition to the recent facelift, the library also offers many new resources and features to those who wish to take advantage of them. The new improved building hosts more than 80,000 publications and is still growing. It is also newly equipped with a community meeting room that can fit 80 people free of charge (but must be reserved in advance).
The Children's Room is located on the bottom floor, complete with computers, board games, a play area and, of course, books. The library runs a movie series and programs for children.
The second floor is home to fiction and young adult books, VHS, DVDs, audiobooks, local newspapers and magazines. There are also 41 public use computers.
The third floor is for adult services, non-fiction and reference titles. There is also a special collections room that contains local histories, genealogies and historical issues of the Bristol Phoenix.
Your library card no longer means you can simply check out books. Your OSL card now opens endless online possibilities, including accessing your account online and allowing you to download books to your computer at home.
Other events here
- Legos at the Library Today, May 23, 3:30 pm–4:30 pm
- Thursday Night Write-Open Mic Night Today, May 23, 7:00 pm–9:30 pm
- Drop-in Blood Pressure Clinic-Free Monthly, 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- Giant Stereopticon Invades Library with Pictures of 19th Century RI Thu, Jun 6, 6:30 pm–8:00 pm
- Wednesday Night at the Movies Wed, Jun 12, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Wednesday Night at the Movies-The Impossible Wed, Jun 19, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Wednesday Night at the Movies-Quartet Wed, Jun 26, 7:00 pm–8:50 pm