Invite a friend
Yoga Days at Blithewold
Yoga Days at Blithewold
WHEN: Tuesday & Thursday mornings, June –
Sept 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 am
(No class Aug. 2nd.)
Blithewold "Nut Grove"
Blithewold and Bristol Yoga Studio invite you to
enjoy a connection to nature, through our beautiful landscape, and the
peacefulness of Yoga outdoors. The Yoga asana (postures) offered is appropriate
for all experience levels— from newcomers who can’t touch their toes to those
seeking to continue their practice while basking in a breathtaking new
atmosphere. The instructors will introduce students to a variety of Hatha Yoga
styles using warm, welcoming, and sometimes comical approach. Classes are held
in Blithewold’s "Nut Grove," a mostly shaded and somewhat secluded spot
overlooking the Great Lawn and Narragansett Bay. Each class includes different
yoga poses, attention to alignment, breath-work, and flow. The class finishes
with building core strength and relaxation. You are left feeling your best! We
encourage you to bring a picnic lunch and then take a refreshing walk through
the grounds after class as a guest of Blithewold.
*Purchase a one month
unlimited pre-paid pass and save! Individual drop-ins are welcome.
Drop-in Session: $10 Member, $15 Non-member
unlimited pass: $60 Member, $100 Non-member
To sign up for Blithewold
1-month unlimited pass, please click here.
Please wear layers of comfortable clothes and bring either a yoga mat or large
beach towel and water.
In the event of rain, the Yoga class will meet in the
|Where||Blithewold Mansion, Gardens & Arboretum 101 Ferry Rd, Bristol, RI 02809|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||9:30 am–10:30 am|
|Who to bring||College Students, Moms, Dads, Singles, Teens, Seniors|
|Price||Drop-in Session: $10 Member, $15 Non-member|
More About Blithewold Mansion, Gardens & Arboretum
Blithewold Mansion, Gardens & Arboretum is a grand estate overlooking Bristol Harbor. This Queen Anne mansion has been kept well maintained in order to preserve its turn-of-the-20th-century style. The gardens and enclosed woodland feature an abundance of indigenous plant life, a rock garden and a variety of trees. Blithewold hosts an education summer camp, where children are taught botany, wildlife and environmental preservation. The mansion is available to be rented for special private events rental. Group tour, camp and event information are available on the Blithewold Mansion, Gardens & Arboretum website.
Other events here
- Behind the Scenes Tour of Blithewold Tomorrow, May 25, 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- Fit Camp Weekly on Mondays, 6:30 am–7:30 am
- Introduction to Watercolor Weekly on Wednesdays, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- Growing a Cutting Garden: I Sat, Jun 1, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- A Wedding Tea Mon, Jun 3, 1:00 pm–3:00 pm
- Yoga Days at Blithewold Weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:30 am–11:30 am
- Classic Cocktails Workshop Wed, Jun 5, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Mornings in the Vegetable Garden April 13, 2013 / May 11, 2013 / June 8, 2013 / July 13, 2013 / August 10, 2013 / September 14, 2013, 10:30 am–11:30 am
- Summer Family Sensory Walk Sun, Jun 9, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Pottery and Plants Sat, Jun 15, 9:00 am–12:00 pm