Here are some things to know about today in Bristol and Warren:
- Mostly cloudy with a high temperature of around 43 degrees.
- Come to the George Hail Library in Warren for a 7 pm book signing and discussion with Rhode Island author Marie Force, with more than 2 million romance books sold. Force is a New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author.
- Corey Silken of Newport, a yachting and lifestyle photographer, presents a lecture on photography at the Herreshoff Marine Museum/America’s Cup Hall of Fame in Bristol, at 7 pm. Silken regularly travels to the Caribbean and throughout the world for fine art and commercial projects. Members pay $7; non-members pay $15.
- The East Bay Business Networking International (BNI) Chapter is hosting a Business After Hours event that benefits Crossroads Rhode Island. It runs from 6 to 8 pm at Raymour and Flanigan, 100 Highland Avenue, Seekonk. The cost is $5 per person, and is open to the public. Bring a toiletry item.
- Thursday Night Write resumes at 6 pm near the Quiet Study Room on the main floor of Rogers Free Library, 525 Hope St., Bristol. Kate Gorton will lead the group in exercises, writing games and critiquing a writer’s work.
- Legos at the Library runs from 3:30 to 4:30 pm in the Herreshoff Community Room of Rogers Free Library, 525 Hope St., Bristol.
- The boys’ basketball team at Mt. Hope High School travels to Warwick Veterans High for a game at 7 pm; a junior varsity game starts at 5:15 pm.
- The wrestling squad at Mt. Hope High School grapples with Coventry High School on the road starting at 7 pm.