Here are a few things to know about today in and around Bristol and Warren:
- Cloudy with some light snow developing during the afternoon and very cold with a high temperature of around 21 degrees.
- A weekly “brown bag lunch” series for East Bay business women with a new speaker each week continues at noon at the East Bay Chamber of Commerce, 16 Cutler St., Warren. The women’s winter series is hosted by W.E.B.O.N.D. (Women's Empowerment and Business Owners Networking Development) and sponsored by RE/MAX River’s Edge. Admission is $5 a week. Terrie Wildemann speaks on “Intuitive Leadership.”
- Another “Great Places” workshop takes place at 5 pm in the Council Chambers in Barrington Town Hall. It’s part of the final round of a series that is part of the RhodeMap RI planning process to produce a comprehensive statewide planning strategy that also includes plans for housing and economic development.
- The Bucket Brewery of Pawtucket, Rhode Island’s newest craft beer brewery, introduces its products in the East Bay at 6 pm at Brickyard Wine & Spirits, 1 Waseca Ave., Barrington. They’ll be selling 64 ounce growlers of four Bucket Beers: Rhode Scholar (Kolsch). Pawtucket Pail Ale, Park Loop Porter and 13th Original Maple Stout.
- The boys’ basketball team at Mt. Hope High School hosts Pilgrim High at 5 pm.
- The girls’ basketball team at Mt. Hope High Schools trades shots with team at Central Falls High at 7 pm.
- The Bristol Planning Board holds a special meeting at 7 pm on the request by the Mosaico Business and Community Development Corporation to change the zoning for the Bristol Industrial Park at 500 Wood St.