Here are a few things you may want to know about today in Bristol and Warren:
- Partly cloudy most of the day with temperatures warming up to the low 70s.
- The East Bay Chamber of Commerce holds its annual awards dinner and election of 2014 officers at Jacky's Galaxie, 383 Metacom Ave., Bristol, starting with a 5:30 social hour and followed at 6:30 pm by dinner. The annual Citizen of the Year Award is going to Sister Mary Sardinha of Bristol; the Business of the Year Award is going to East Bay Newspapers.
- The East Bay Contra Dance continues at the Warren Community Center, 790 Main St., at 7:30 pm. You can learn the steps and figures necessary to accomplish with great confidence, modern day contra and chestnut dances to the music of “South Coast” and with calls and instruction from Elwood Donnelly and Don Heinold.
- The Tony Award-winning play, “Metamorphoses,” continues at 7:30 pm at the Roger Williams University Performing Arts Center, 1 Old Ferry Road. It’s an adaptation of the classic Ovid tale and directed by RWU Professor Jeffrey Martin.
- The Mt. Hope High School boys’ soccer team takes on Narragansett High at 6 pm at the Chestnut Street field in Bristol.