Here are a few things to know about today in and around Bristol and Warren:
- Snow tapers off this morning as temperatures plummet with a high near 15 degrees and winds of 25 to 35 mph, making it feel like below 5 to 10 degrees below zero.
- The Mt. Hope High School boys’ ice hockey team travels to the Thayer Ice Arena in Warwick to tangle with the squad from The Prout School at 6:30 pm.
- Zumba for a cause at La Vida! Dance and Fitness, 651 Metacom Ave., Bristol. The cause is the February mission trip to Guatemala by Bristol’s Lauren Martel, owner of Naturally Divine in Bristol. Funds raised with $10 donations at the door will help offset costs of the trip.
- A “Parents as Teachers” class is scheduled to meet from 9 am to noon in the Herreshoff Community Room at the Rogers Free Library, 525 Hope St., Bristol. Call the library for its Friday hours and schedule.
- The book-sharing group at the George Hail Library in Warren has canceled its January meeting scheduled for this morning.