Here are some things to know about today, Jan. 22, in and around Bristol and Warren:
- Snowstorm forecast to end this morning with another inch or two to fall but very cold temperatures with highs in the teens each day to hang around for the rest of the week.
- Wednesday Night at the Movies at the Rogers Free Library, 525 Hope St., Bristol, continues at 7 pm with a showing of "Lee Daniels' The Butler."
- The Books on Main Book Club meets at 6:30 pm in the George Hail Library, 530 Main St., Warren, to discuss 6:30 pm The Yonahlossee Riding Camp for Girls by Anton DiSclafani. Copies of the book are available at the library.
- The Bristol County Water Authority is holding a public hearing on its proposed 4 percent rate hike at 6 pm in its office at 450 Child St., Warren.
- The first of three Bristol Historical Society-sponsored fireside lectures at Mount Hope Farm, 250 Metacom Ave., Bristol, starts at 7 pm with author Michael Tougias discussing, “King Philip’s War: The War in Our Backyard.” It's a narrated slide presentation based on his books about the war. Admission for members is free; non-members pay $5. For more information, call 401-254-1745.
- The Mt. Hope High School wrestling team hosts a quad meet with North Kingstown, North Providence and Cumberland at 4 pm.
- The girls’ indoor track team at Mt. Hope High School travels to the Providence Career and Technical Academy for a dual meet against La Salle Academy at 5:30 pm.