Here are some things to know about today, Dec. 11, in and around Bristol and Warren:
- Franklin Court Assisted Living, 180 Franklin St., Bristol, hosts another open house from 10 am to 4 pm. Operated by East Bay Community Development Corporation, Franklin Court is a full-service assisted living community offering three meals per day in our dinning room, housekeeping, medication management, assistance with activities of daily living and a host of social activities.
- Christmas at Blithewold holds the third traditional holiday story time at 4 pm in the beautifully decorated living room. This year, Blithewold is featuring classic holiday stories that have been told and retold during Christmases through the years. Free with a regular mansion admission.
- The Roger Williams University Chorus, a musical ensemble consisting of students and faculty members, will present a free concert at 7:30 pm. The seasonal repertoire will range from the great composers to contemporary holiday favorites at the RWU Performing Arts Center, 1 Old Ferry Road, Bristol.
- The Teen Book Club: Sci-Fi and Fantasy, meets at the Rogers Free Library, 525 Hope St., at 7 pm. Today’s book is Ashes, by Ilsa J. Bick. There will be a craft, snacks and lots of book talk in the Quiet Study Room on the main floor.
- Santa and Mrs. Claus visit the George Hail Library, 530 Main St., Warren, from 6:15 to 6:45 pm. Families are invited for an enchanted visit under the Christmas tree on the main floor of the library. Refreshments will be served. No cameras please.