- The first day of November will bring rain, warmer temperatures in the high 60s, and some gusty wind.
- Swap some of your Halloween candy for a book at The Children’s Workshop, 410 Child St., Warren, starting today through Nov. 8, and it will be shipped to the troops overseas by Operation Gratitude.
- A book-sharing group convenes at 11 am in the George Hail Library, 530 Main St., Warren; take a break from your day to talk books with other readers.
- Add to your book collection at annual used book sale of the Friends of the Barrington Public Library, which starts at 6:30 pm with a fundraising preview in the Senior Center; it continues Saturday and Sunday for free.
- Coffee Depot, 501 Main St., Warren, hosts an Open Mic every Friday from 7 to 10 pm for you to show off your talent.