The Newport County YMCA will be offering the following health and safety classes in January:
- CPR/AED First Aid Thursday January 9th at 6pm. This is a Red Cross class that covers lay responder Adult, Child and infant CPR, AED and standard First Aid. We offer this class on the second Thursday of each month.
- Lifeguard Training Sundays January 12th,19th and 26th from 8am to 2pm. This is a Red Cross blended learning class that has on-line, classroom and pool sessions. Upon completion of all segments of this class you will be certified in Waterfront/Pool Lifeguarding, CPR/AED PRO and First Aid. We include elements of the Rhode Island surf test in this class. We also offer Lifeguard re-certifications. Call for more information.
- Baby Sitter Training Monday January 20th from 9am to 3pm. This is a Red Cross class that teaches the basics of baby-sitting. Child care, first aid and the business of baby sitting are just some of the topics covered in this class. Monday January 20th is Martin Luther King Day and the kids are out of school.
- Swimming Lessons Our next session of swim lesions starts January 6. We offer swim lesions for Parent/Child (6 to 36 months), Preschool (3 to 6 yr. olds), Youth (6 to 15 yr. olds), Swim Team, Adult Lessons and Private Lessons. It is never to late to learn how to swim !
- Aquatics Summer Camp I know it is early to start thinking about summer but our camps fill up quickly and sign ups start in February. Aquatics will be offering Surfing Camp, Water Sports, Jr. Lifeguard and Swim Team Camp this summer.
If you would like any further information on these programs please contact:
Newport County YMCA
You can sign up for any of the programs above by contacting:
The YMCA Membership Office: