Bristol Sunset Cafe, 499 Hope St., Bristol. The Health Department noted the following violations during an inspection on Sept. 17:
- An open employee's beverage container was observed in a food preparation area. Employees shall not drink from open beverage containers in order to prevent contamination of their hands, the container and exposed food.
- An employee was observed touching ready to eat food (ham) with bare hands. Food employees must not touch exposed, ready-to-eat food with their bare hands and shall use suitable utensils such as deli tissue, spatulas, single use gloves or dispensing equipment. Item disposed of.
- Food located in the refrigerator was not marked with the date of preparation. Ready-to-eat potentially hazardous food, prepared in the establishment and held for more than 24 hours, must be marked with the date of preparation.
- The consumer advisory provided does not disclose the foods on the menu that are raw or undercooked. At next printing add an asterisk to front of advisory and in front of any items affected.
- The floor behind the cook line has an accumulation of soil residue and food debris. The physical facilities shall be cleaned as often as necessary to keep them clean. Food debris must be cleaned daily.
- Protective shielding is not provided for the lights in the kitchen and storage area. Light bulbs must be shielded, coated, or otherwise shatter-resistant in areas where there is exposed food; clean equipment, utensils, and linens; or unwrapped single-service and single-use articles.