By Joe Hutnak
As the once-green leaves turn shades of orange and red, there's no doubt that fall is upon us.
And with just a couple of weeks until Halloween, it's a great time to venture out to check recent crops of pumpkins, or grab a bag or two of apples for apple pies.
Many places around Bristol and Warren also offer hayrides and other activities for the family.
- Frerichs Farm, 43 Kinnicutt Ave., Warren, which hosts the South New England Giant Pumpkin Weigh-Off on Saturday
- Escobar Farm and Corn Maze, 255 Middle Road, Portsmouth
- Mello’s Farm & Flower Center, 444 Boys’sLane, Portsmouth
- Peckham Farm, 1299 Wapping Road, Middletown
- Sweet Berry Farm, 915 Mitchell’s Lane, Middletown