Starting to put your weekend plans together in Bristol and Warren? The forecast is for a 40-percent chance of rain today, with sunny to party cloudy skies on Saturday and Sunday with temps in the 50s — so get out and enjoy!
Click each blue link for more information — and be sure to call ahead to confirm.
Friday, Apr. 5:
- 5:30 pm: Painter Mark Freedman at Roger Williams University. Freedman is an urban scene artists whose work has been featured in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. Free.
- 6 pm: Willy Wonka Jr. performed by Guiteras School students at Reynolds School, 235 High St., Bristol. $10 for adults, $5 for seniors and students. Also Saturday night at 6 pm and Sunday at 2 pm.
- 6 pm: "Stompin' for Strings" at Mount Hope Farm. Enjoy a traditional New England barn dance — and help raise money for the Community String Project. $35 per person Paper Packaging & Panache, 418 Hope St., Bristol; Dish, 155 Water St., Warren, or online at communitystringproject.org
- 7 pm: Open Mic Night at Coffee Depot. Bring your instrument, your voice, and your talent. Free.
Saturday, Apr. 6:
- 10 am: Tales of the Slave Trade Walking Tour starting at Linden Place. See some of the historic sites of Bristol's involvement in the slave trade. Ends at DeWolf Tavern with complimentary rum cocktail and Q&A. $20 each/$15 for Linden Place members. Limited to 15 attendees. Call (401) 253-0390 to register.
- 11 am: "The Chocolate Surprise" Fundraiser for the Natalie Swift Foundation at Savon Shoes [formerly Jamiel's Show World]. Tommy Swift, 7, is raising funds to help his mom, who has been diagnosed with ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's disease.
- 11 am: Open Art Studio at Reynolds School. The Bristol Recreation Department hosts instruction for beginner to intermediate skill levels, plus idea sharing. $5 per person. Call (401) 253-1611 to register.
- 6:30 pm: Wine Dinner Cruise in Newport. Take a three-hour tour of Narragansett Bay on the Newport Majestic cruise ship. Includes five-course plated dinner, South American wine pairings and presentation by sommelier. $91.80 per person.
Sunday, Apr. 7:
- 9:30 am: All Levels Yoga at Bristol Yoga Studio. Appropriate for people brand new to yoga, as well as those who have been practicing for some time. $15 per person.
- 2 pm: Willy Wonka Matinee at Reynolds School. The Guiteras School performers wrap their weekend stand with a family-friendly afternoon show. $10 for adults, $5 for seniors and students.
Didn't see your event? Add it to the comments below — and better yet, post it on the Bristol-Warren Patch Calendar so we can include it in an upcoming preview of weekend events!