1. It's ART Night in Bristol and Warren. Take a tour of local galleries and check out the work of two prominent local artists tonight. Get the details here.
2. The annual Open House at Mt. Hope High School, 199 Chestnut St., Bristol, is scheduled for tonight, 6:30-8:30. Families will have the opportunity to go through their children's schedules, meet the teachers and learn the expectations for each course. Open House is the first step that we, educators and families, take to develop the partnership as we work together to educate your child.
3. With a vote on expanding Twin River into a full casino on the ballot in November, gaming is top of mind. Find out about the business and legal issues surrounding casino gaming as Frank J. Fahrenkopf, Jr., president and CEO of the American Gaming Association and a national advocate for the commercial casino industry, presents a lecture on gaming business and law at Roger Williams University Law School, 10 Metacom Ave., Bristol, today at 1 p.m.
4. Learn about native Rhode Island plant species as The Rhody Native initiative works with the local horticulture industry to propagate Rhode Island’s native plant species at , 101 Ferry Road, Bristol, today 5:30-7:30 p.m.
5. Showers should end early, giving way to partly sunny skies with temperatures around 70.