1. Making its third appearance with the Community Concert Series at St. Michael's Episcopal Church, 399 Hope St., Bristol, Opera Providence will showcase sopranos Alissa Cassola, Kate Norigian, Leah Kennery, tenor Billy Ray Poli and baritone Rene de la Garza, singing favorite arias and light repertoire Saturday at 8.
Tickets — $20, $15 (seniors), $10 (students) — are available at and at the door.
Dinner/concert packages will again be available at Le Central, 483 Hope St., Bristol, for $43/person, 396-9965 and Leo's Ristorante, 365 Hope St., Bristol, for $40/person, 253-9300. The package price includes a fixed price menu (tax and tip not included) and concert ticket, given at the restaurant. Reservations are required. Visit www.ccsatsm.org to view menus online and call 254-9626 for more information.
2. Rhode Island Resource Recovery Corporaton offers an eco-depot allowing Rhode Island residents to safely dispose of their household hazardous waste Saturday, 8 a.m. to noon, at 111 Mount Hope Ave., Bristol.
3. Professional life coach Rebecca Nolan offers the chance to get help achieving your personal and professional goals during a seminar today at 6:30 p.m. at True You Solutions. Nolan said she focuses on supporting her clients’ positive life energy for healthy, purposeful and productive lives.
4. This day in history, Oct. 19, 1781: British General Cornwallis surrendered to General George Washington at Yorktown, Va., bringing an end to the last major battle of the American Revolution.
5. Expect rain — heavy at times — throughout the day and overnight, coming to an end late Saturday morning or early afternoon. Temperatures should be relatively high, though, topping out in the high-60s today and 70 Saturday.