Memorial Day is Monday, so we've compiled a list of the happenings and festivities in our towns and surrounding areas. If we missed an event, please let us know in the comments section.
Sunday, May 29
- On Sunday, May 29, the town of Warren will have a memorial service at 9 a.m., at the Vietnam Memorial (located at Route 136 and Market Street). At 9:45, attendees will move to North Burial Ground to honor fallen veterans.
- In Bristol, there will be a Sunday morning mass at the Veterans Home at 9:45 a.m.
- On Sunday in Barrington, Firefighters' Local 1774 is hosting a Memorial Day 5K road race and family day fundraiser with a cookout and activities for families before and after the race. The event starts at 9 a.m. at Barrington High School. Click for more information.
Monday, May 30
- Bristol will host its annual parade and Memorial Day ceremony on Monday. The ceremony kicks off at 9:30 a.m. at and will follow up with a parade from the cemetery to the Burnside Building/Veteran Garden for a wreath laying ceremony.
- On Monday, the town of Warren will host Memorial Day exercises beginning at 7:45 a.m. at the Town Wharf, followed by a parade at 8:30 a.m.
- In Barrington, the United Veterans Council hosts patriotic exercises at 8:30 at Barrington High School's Victory Field, followed by a parade at 9:30 a.m.