A fire early Sunday morning, Dec. 29, damaged a second floor apartment above Andrade’s Catch & Wholesale Shellfish in Bristol, but the fish market still opened for business.
No one was injured.
Bristol firefighters responded to a report of a fire at the 186 Wood St. building around 3:30 am, according to eastbayri.com. Cause of the blaze was reported to be unattended cooking.
David Andrade, owner of the fish market, said he was using a generator to provide electricity to the building with power shut off. Business was continuing as usual, he said.