The Bristol Police Department reported the following recent arrests and incidents:
- Stephen Staudinger, of 27 Richmond St., on felony charges of drug possession and disorderly conduct, on March 18 at about 1:10 am at 235 Thames St. He is scheduled for a conference on May 20 in Sixth District Court, Warwick.
- Collin Weiss, of Maclean, VA, on charges of DUI and refusal to submit to a chemical test, on March 18 at about 12:10 am at 246 State St. Weiss waived extradition at a hearing later that day, and pleaded not guilty at his arraignment on March 20. He was released on personal recognizance until a scheduled April 5 pre-trial conference in Sixth District Court, Warwick.
- Christopher Duarte, of Fall River, MA, on March 18 at about 1:45 pm on a warrant issued by Sixth District Court in 2009 for failure to appear at a payment review on a charge of shoplofting brought by Providence Police. Online court records indicate Duarte paid the remaining fine on March 18.
- Christian Spina, of 1 Jenny Lane, on a misdemeanor charge of marijuana possession, on March 18 at about 8 pm. He is scheduled for formal arraignment today in Sixth District Court, Warwick.
- Joe Araujo, of 231 Wood St., on March 19 at about 7:15 pm on a warrant issued by Providence Superior Court for failure to appear at a review hearing on a felony count of domestic assault brought by Bristol Police in December, 2011. He is due for another review on May 20.
- Camden Melendy, of Reading, MA, on a charge of marijuana possession, on March 21 at about 11:30 pm on the campus of Roger Williams University.
- Jose Leon, of 36 Esmond St., Smithfield, on March 22 at about 2:45 am on charges of being a fugitive from justice and driving with a suspended license, and a warrant issued by Sixth District Court. He posted bail at a hearing on March 22, and was scheduled for a status conference yesterday. Information on that hearing had not been posted on the Rhode Island Judiciary website at the time this article was written.
- Joseph Silva, of 391 Wood St., on March 22 at about 9:30 am on a warrant issued by Sixth District Court for failure to appear at a March 15 pretrial conference on charges of assault, resisting arrest, and disorderly conduct brought by Bristol Police on Dec. 16, 2012. He was ordered held without bail at the Adult Correctional Institutions, Cranston, and is scheduled for a competency hearing on April 5.
- Jonathan Palmer, of Old Saybrook, CT, on charges of marijuana possession and driving in possession of drugs, on March 23 at about 2 am at 580 Metacom Ave. He is scheduled for formal arraignment on April 5 in Sixth District Court, Warwick.
- Joshua Rossi, of Somerset, MA, on two counts of fradulent checks and one count each of credit card fraud, obtaining money under false pretenses, and larceny under $500 on March 24 at 11:10 am at the Courtyard at Metacom Condominiums. Rossi posted bail at a March 25 hearing, and is scheduled to appear at formal arraignment on April 3.
- Corey Almeida, of 503 Wood St., on a charge of disorderly conduct, on March 25 at about 5 am.
- Andrew Loras, of 31 First St., turned himself in at the Bristol Police Department on March 18 at about 12 pm in response to a warrant issued for assault and disorderly conduct charges brought by Bristol Police. He pleaded no contest to the charges at a hearing later that day, and Judge William C. Clifton imposed a one-year suspended sentence and one years' probation on the assault charge, and a six-month suspended sentence and six months' probation on the disorderly conduct charge. He is due for a payment review hearing on April 25.
- Officers returned a loose dog to its owner on Gooding Avenue on March 21 at about 12:30 am.