Nearly all of the 16,000-plus National Grid accounts in Bristol and Warren remained without power as of 9 pm Saturday night, and the utility estimated that full power may not be restored until late Monday.
As the two towns enter a second full day without electricity — most of the region went dark late Friday night as the height of the winter storm pushed through — each had opened shelters for residents.
In Bristol, the shelter is Mount Hope High School; Warren opened Kickemuit Middle School as its warm shelter.
The continued aftermath of the Blizzard of 2013 also forced many cancellations of events that had been scheduled for today:
- The Bristol 4th of July Committee's Valentine's breakfast has been postponed until a date to be determined.
- Tonight's scheduled 5 pm Mount Hope varsity hockey game at Dennis Lynch Arena in Pawtucket has been postponed, along with the entire slate of Rhode Island Interscholastic League games.
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel School has cancelled Sunday classes for grades 1 through 9.
- Saint Elizabeth Church has cancelled CCD for today and rescheduled its First Penance class to Feb. 16 at 11 am.
- First Congregational Church of Bristol cancelled Sunday Services.
Has your organization cancelled an event scheduled for today in Bristol or Warren? Post your announcement below.