swimmers participated in the Max Read Swim Meet held at on Saturday.
Though none of the swimmers from Mt. Hope took top places, Coach Rebecca Duggan said it was an overall good meet with swimmers shattering their own personal best times.
Swimmers in the meet from the Mt. Hope High School boys swim team included Jeffrey Briggs, Danny Toms, Christopher Kern, Joey SanMartin, Austin Porto, Mark Devol, CJ Gerhard, Adam Dutra, Nathan Labonte, Tao Sevigny, Spencer Dennis, Grant Mattson.
Highlights in the meet, courtesy of Coach Duggan:
- Jeffrey Briggs dropped 8 sec in the 200 free and beat his personal best time in the 100 back stroke with a time of 1:10.91. With that time, Briggs qualified for the state competition.
- Chris Kern dropped about 3 seconds in both the 200 & 100 freestyle event
- Adam Dutra beat his personal best time in the 50 free coming in at 31.62 as well as dropping 15 seconds in the 100 breast stroke.
- Joey SanMartin achieved a new personal best in the 50 freestyle with a time of 30.82
- Austin Porto dropped his time and achieved a new personal best in the 50 freestyle with a time of 26.86. He also swam a 1:01.57 in the 100 freestyle.
- Tao Sevigny got a new personal best in the 100 breast stroke with a time of 1:39.49
- Grant Mattson got a new personal best in the 100 breast stroke with a time of 1:32.47
- Spencer Dennis beat his personal best in the 100 breast stroke with a time of 1:27.89
- CJ Gerhard dropped about 4 seconds in the 100 freestyle to a 1:06.61
- Danny Toms (senior captain) took control of his team by leading stretches and team warm-up.