Judge Roy Bean
Judge Roy Bean, named for the eccentric Texan saloon owner, is a far cry from the wild west. A spacious, ambient room set against the backdrop of a beautiful mahogany bar, this "saloon" is a favorite for the after-work business crowd and Roger Williams University law students.
Live music is the specialty with popular local acts playing every Friday and Saturday night. Several TV's show sports and entertainment programs. The food is pub fare - burgers, sandwiches and dogs. On Monday and Wednesday nights from 5 to 9 p.m. wings are $0.35 and drafts are $2. On Tuesday nights there are $1 tacos and $2 chili dogs from 5 to 9 p.m.
The bar carries draft and bottled beers, including seasonal specials and local brews Narragansett and Newport Storm. Thursday nights are college nights, providing an occasion to open the upstairs, usually reserved for private events.
- Hours: Daily, 5pm - 1am
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: 1999
- Payments accepted: Cash, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Beer, wine, liquor, wings, sandwiches, salads, hot dogs, and pub fare.
- General services: Eat-in, Phone orders
- ATM: No
- Parking: On-street: free, On-street: metered
- Private events: Yes
- What makes this community special?: "The people of Bristol feel like an extended family. So many people born and raised here leave, but end up coming back. It's a great place to raise kids."
- Dress code: Casual