Founded by the regionalization of the Bristol Warren School District in 1993, Kickemuit Middle School is a high-performance spotlight middle school. KMS serves approximately 800 students from Bristol and Warren in grades 6, 7 and 8.
The school offers a variety of clubs, sports and extracurricular activities, including Lego robotics, Young Mariners' boat building and a KIDS TV production studio for school announcements. The theater club also puts on multiple productions throughout the school year.
- Fax: 401-254-5960
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:45am - 2pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1993
- Number of students: 800
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Religious affiliation: N/A
- Acceptance rate (%): 100
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 23:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 69
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The school is very engaged with community through programs such as the Warren Substance Abuse Task Force.
- Grade levels: 6 - 8
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Language lab, Library, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Student council, mock trial, Lego robotics, KIDS TV studio
- Student clubs: Drama club, math club, Young Mariners
- Sports teams: Soccer, baseball, softball, wrestling, cheerleading, cross-country, track