Roger Williams University
Roger Williams University is situated on 140 acres of costal land on the Mount Hope Bay. It offers 40 undergraduate academic degree programs and is ranked number 8 in the top 10 comprehensive colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report.
As a liberal arts school, all students are required to complete core classes and a core concentration in addition to courses in their area of study. This university also offers 92 clubs and organizations, and 20 varsity sports.
The campus is made up of various schools, including the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Marine and Natural Science, and the new Global Heritage Hall. Roger Williams University also has the Dining Commons, a bookstore, library, mail room, career center and recreation center, to name a few of the facilities.
Campus housing options include six on campus buildings, two off-campus buildings and are available to all incoming freshman.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 5pm; Sat, Sun, closed.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1956
- Number of students: 4,259
- Male-to-female ratio: 1:1
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: None
- Acceptance rate (%): 78
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 12:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Degrees: Graduate, Professional, Undergraduate
- Programs: Distance learning, Evening, Part-time, Study abroad, Summer studies
- Campus housing: Yes
- Sports teams: Basketball, softball, baseball, soccer, lacrosse, swimming & diving, track & field, men's & women's rugby, wrestling, cross country, equestrian, sailing, cheerleading, crew, men's ice hockey and volley ball.
- Sports facilities: Soccer, baseball, lacrosse and rugby fields. Swimming pool and beach volleyball and tennis courts.
- Early decision: Yes