Tuesday, March 6, 2012
A local professional photographer from Brotherhood Images caught shots of Tuesday's fire in Warren.
- POLICE & FIRE
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Lt. Gary Geoffroy, a Bristol Firefighter for the last 26 years spends his free time chasing fires in nearby towns to capture them in photographs. Above, Geoffroy shares a couple of his shots from the house fire in Warren on Tuesday morning. Geoffroy, the owner of Brotherhood Images, takes action photographs of Firefighters and Police Officers in the line of duty serving on calls throughout Rhode Island. To see more of Geoffroy's photographs from Tuesday's fire in Warren, visit the Brotherhood Images photo gallery and be sure to check out the galleries of other incidents on the website or check out their Facebook page for some incredible shots of Rhode Island's fearless Firefighters and Police Officers.
Monday, January 30, 2012
Bristol Rotary Club food drive delivers hundreds of boxes to Bristol Good Neighbors.
The Bristol community came together on Sunday to conduct a large-scale food drive for the Bristol Good Neighbors Soup Kitchen and Food Pantry. The parking lot of BankNewport was turned into a makeshift headquarters for drop-off, collection and sorting of hundreds of non-perishable food items. The food drive was sponsored by the Bristol Rotary Club, with help from the Bristol Fire Department. “It feels so good to give out to those less fortunate, especially now with the way the economy it is,” said Cidalia Rodrigues, President of Bristol Rotary Club and Vice President of BankNewport. Rodrigues said the group collected and delivered 150 boxes last year, and expected to do at least the same this year. She said the Rotary Club delivered …
Monday, November 14, 2011
No injuries were reported in the fire.
Bristol firefighters battled an early afternoon "Code Red" fire at a home in Bristol on Monday. At approximately 11:40 am on Monday, Nov. 14, Bristol firefighters were dispatched to 3 Old Orchard Farm Road for a house fire. Firefighters quickly worked to extinguish the flames and cut through the roof to allow the smoke to clear out. The back of the home was charred and the vinyl siding had peeled back and melted from the heat. The rear side of the home appeared to take the blunt of the flame and smoke damage. Neighbors said they hadn't immediately realized that there was a fire since the front of the house was undamaged. "I looked outside and saw all the fire trucks," said a next door neighbor who went on to say that when the firefighters …
Monday, October 24, 2011
Officials say the evacuation went as well as expected.
Faculty and staff at Colt Andrews School were put to the test on Monday afternoon when the building was forced to evacuate for a gas leak in the area. Emergency officials notified the school shortly after the gas leak was reported and Fire Chief Robert Martin said that the school was very quick to comply. "By the time I called for the evacuation they were all down Bradford Street already walking up" Martin said, noting that teachers and staff members wasted no time and walked students up the road to Bristol's First Congregational Church on the corner of Bradford and High Streets to await bus and parental pickup. "We didn't want to take any chances with the children." "They did an amazing job," said Melinda Thies, Superintendent of Schools…
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
The town of Bristol will have a September 11 memorial and dedication ceremony on Sunday.
Residents of Bristol will get a chance to honor those who lost their lives during the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, this Sunday. The Bristol Fire Department will host a dedication for a steel beam that was recovered from the rubble of the World Trade Center. The dedication will be held on the 10th anniversary of that fateful day, this Sunday, Sept. 11, at 9 a.m. at the station headquarters. According to Bristol Fire Chief Robert Martin, the department applied to receive the piece about two years ago and they were finally allowed to pick up the steel beam earlier this year at New York's John F. Kennedy airport. "I think it’s important not only to the fire department but to everyone," Martin said. "It’s a piece of memorabilia that …
Monday, August 29, 2011
A generator overheated and residents were evacuated from Franklin Court Assisted Living Complex in Bristol.
Residents are being moved back into the Franklin Court assisted-living complex after a small fire in the generator that was providing power to the building. The generator apparently overheated and two maintenance workers attempted to put it out. Bristol firefighters arrived and quelled the fire very quickly, but they had to cut a hole in the roof of the building to vent the smoke. Without the generator, the complex was briefly powerless, so firefighters evacuated the residents before a backup generator was turned on and power returned. Most of the residents – many of whom said they enjoyed being outside on such a nice day – have been returned to their rooms. Tracey Faria, a CNA said as soon as she got in the building to visit one of her …
Thursday, August 25, 2011
Hurricane Disaster Information pamphlets are available at Bristol Town Hall.
Bristol Emergency Management officials have put together a brochure with important information regarding hurricane preparedness including a list of items that should be included in a disaster supply kit. The following are the Bristol EMA's suggested items. Hurricane Disaster Information brochures can be picked up at Bristol Town Hall.
Saturday, August 13, 2011
A Patch user submitted photos after witnessing fire officials put out a brush fire.
According to witness Maria Rosado, a brush fire broke out in the parking lot of the Bell Tower Plaza on Friday afternoon. Rosado, who captured these photos of Bristol Fire Department's Engine 1 extinguishing the small flames, says that the fire officials responded at about 3:30 p.m. Rosado says it seemed like the fire was probably caused by a cigarette.
Sunday, July 24, 2011
A female reported missing was found early Sunday morning.
Following a four-hour land and water search conducted by the Bristol Police Department, Bristol Fire Department, Bristol Harbor Patrol and US Coast Guard, a reported missing female has been found. According to police, officers were notified in the late evening hours of Saturday, July 23, that a female who was attending a function at Blithewold had gone missing. Police, fire, harbor patrol and Coast Guard officials responded and conducted a land and water search for her in Bristol Harbor. Police say that about four hours later, she was found on Roger Williams University property and was transported to the hospital.
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
EastBayRI.com recently reported further information on Clayton Hardon, the man charged with allegedly stealing and crashing a Bristol Special Hazards truck.
- POLICE & FIRE
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
East Bay Newspapers recently reported that the Pennsylvania man who was charged with stealing and crashing a Bristol Special Hazards vehicle was a member of the Bristol Fire Department. According to the article, Clayton Hardon, 22, of 486 Schoolhouse Lane, in Devon, PA, has been a member of the Dreadnaught Hook Ladder & Hose Company in Bristol since 2008 and has been a dispatcher for the Bristol Harbor Patrol for the past three years. Click here to read the full article.